Vermont’s oldest agricultural fair will celebrate its 176th year Aug. 24-28 with midway rides and games, Live Shark Encounter Show, Sky’s the Limit human cannonball, Punch & Judy Puppet Show, Olde Tyme Magik Showe, live music, livestock events, horse shows, demolition derbies, truck and tractor pulls, Children’s Tent activities, chainsaw carving, a maple sugar house, milking parlor, exhibits, demonstrations, bingo, favorite fair food and more.
* Wednesday – Kids Power Wheels Demo (6:30 pm), Van Demo Derby (7 pm), Team Demo Derby (8 pm)
* Thursday – Farm Tractor Pull (11 am), Goat Costume Contest (4 pm), RaiZed on Radio band (7:30 pm)
* Friday – Horse Pull (10:30 am), Kingdom’s Got Talent (2 pm), 4×4 Truck Pull (6 pm)
* Saturday – Gymkhana (10 am), Grand Cavalcade (11:30 am), FlatOut Freestyle Motocross Show (7:30 pm)
* Sunday – Ox Pulls (10 am on), Pig Scramble (noon), Demo Derby (1 pm qualifying, 6 pm finals)
Daily pay-one-price admission (includes rides, shows and entertainment): $20 on site; $16 online pre-sale; $12 for seniors on Friday. Kids under 36 inches tall are admitted free. Parking is free.
Fair gates open at 4 pm Wednesday and 7 am Thursday – Sunday. The midway opens at 4 pm Wednesday and 11 am Thursday – Sunday.